Goal of Council: To perform outreach tasks that work to inform and educate communities throughout Toronto.
Activities of Council:
1. Develop a speakers list that covers various topics which are important to Climate Justice. In order to complete this, a relationship building initiative must be established with our endorsement partners and representatives of organizations that participated in the People’s Assembly. This could be done with help from the Co-ordination Council.
The speakers list may be useful for some of the following projects:
2. Co-organize outreach events with other local groups or community spaces.
3. Initiate an engagement project with local schools and teachers and promote a ‘sister school’ project between local schools and northern or aboriginal schools, as well as schools in the global south.
4. Work with the Coordination Council to establish a media strategy for outreach and education.
5. Develop a speaker’s forum for professional and/or workplace environments.
Contact: To be confirmed